Senior Food & Beverage Manager - Casino Lethbridge
PURE Canadian Gaming is the largest casino operator in Alberta, employing over twelve hundred (1200) employees. We pride ourselves on being the most innovative and progressive casino operator in the province.
The Senior Food & Beverage Manager position at Casino Lethbridge will support the General Manager with all aspects of the Food & Beverage operations. The Senior Food & Beverage Manager must also demonstrate strong communication skills and superior leadership abilities with an understanding and focus on non-gaming operations.
||Perm Full Time
||April 7, 2014
||Casino Lethbridge, Lethbridge, AB
- Managing the overall food and beverage operations at Casino Lethbridge which include the Stagecoach Grill, Deli, Lounge and banquet room.
- Mentoring, developing, and providing on-the-job training to the team.
- Reviewing financial transactions and monitoring budgets to ensure efficient operation.
- Implementing standards for the food and beverage operations.
- Investigating and resolving food and beverage quality and service complaints in a timely fashion
- Attending meeting, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required
- Circulate throughout all restaurants, bars and banqueting room, maintaining a high profile with customers and staff.
- To be fully aware of trends in the industry and make suggestions for improvement of the catering operation.
- To carry out or ensure that regular On-the-Job Training is taking place to agreed standards.
- Participate in interviews and the hiring to ensure that the most suitably qualified person is appointed.
- Ensure that staffing levels are correct and to agreed standards and are not exceeded without prior consultation.
- Ensure that company and statutory hygiene standards are maintained in all areas.
- Address all customer concerns.
- Ensure that reports and administration requirements are submitted timely.
- Ensure that the Back of the House Department operates effectively and efficiently.
- Hold regular performance appraisals with all management staff, identifying areas for development and training needs, and ensuring that this training is effective.
- Ensure that fair discipline is effective.
- To ensure the prompt and efficient service of all meals, snacks, functions and beverages to the required standards.
- Ensure that profit margins are maintained, agreed costs are not exceeded through effective control systems, sales analysis, menu costing and cash checks.
- Ensure that restaurants and customer service areas are clean and well maintained.
- Ensure that servers understand the culture and that they offer professional and courteous service to their customers.
Five to seven years of progressive food and beverage managerial experience preferably the casino related industry or three to five years of experience in various supervisory and management capacities with the food and beverage. Combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of a food and beverage operation
- Knowledge of restaurant and / or food service industry. Ability to use appropriate food and wine terminology
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent, will be considered an asset but not a requirement.
- Ability to work irregular shifts and schedules.
Security background check and clearance is required.
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Please submit application to Kendra Perrior: firstname.lastname@example.org.